Purchased by James McNeil of Greenock on 1956 and renamed "Colonsay".
According to Sawyer & Mitchell in "The Empire Ships", on 9th November 1960 she sailed in ballast from Barra after discharging a cargo of slate. She returned to Castlebay to shelter from a storm but dragged her anchor and grounded. Her crew abandoned her and she later slid off the rocks and into deep water. She was declared a total loss.
The photograph below appear to show her still wearing her wartime grey. Note that she doesnt yet have an enclosed wheelhouse.