Built for the Leith, Hull and Hamburg Steam Packet Co., owned by James Curry of Leith. She would have been employed like her sisters in carrying cargo along the Forth & Clyde Canal between Port Dundas in Glasgow and Leeith Docks on the Forth, feeding cargo to and from her owner's ocean-going vessels.
In 1914 she was acquired by R.E.V.James Ltd of Southampton and re-registered there. Her 1920 entry shows her registered to James Dredging Towage and Transport Co, also of Southampton. Her registration was closed in the same year.kkm .