puffers & vics

 

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 

 

Stanley Castle

 

Builder Cumming & Swan, Glasgow
Official Nr 84318
Yard Nr  
Launched 1877
Delivered  
Length 67.7 ft
Beam 13.6 ft
Gross 37 tons
Nett 30 tons
Engine 2 Cyl Steam Compound

First registered on 4th June 1881 to joint owners Samuel Maclerie and John Donald of Paisley. On 13th September that same year she was acquired by a William Barclay  & Sons of Newcastle.

On passage from Dunbar to Sunderland with a cargo of wood and under the command of Captain W.A.Sanderson, she was stranded at the entrance to Eyemouth Harbour on 10th October 1882 and was declared a total loss