Built for Mories Munro & Co of Glasgow. In 1879 she was bought jointly by
Richard Munro and Francis McKean.
On 1st April 1889 when in the ownership of J S Munro of
Glasgow and in tow on the river Clyde, she collided with the
Glasgow-registered steamship "State of Georgia" and sank at a
position just upriver from Dumbarton.
The photograph below is undated but the location is easily identifiable as the mouth of the Black
Water at Blackwaterfoot on the Isle of Arran.The cargo being discharged into
the waiting horse carts would almost certainly have been
coal from the Ayrshire mines.