Built for the Forth & Clyde Navigation Co of Glasgow. By 1870 she is registered to a John Buchanan of Glasgow. c1877 she was bought by James Currie of Leith. By 1880 her registration moved to Greenock under the ownership of Robert Mills
In about 1870 her engine was removed and she was smack rigged. She was re-engined as a single screw steamer in 1880.
On 13th March 1885 in Loch Fyne while on passage from Easdale to Greenock with a cargo of slate, a faullty seacock allowed an ingress of seawater and her crew abandoned her for fear of a boiler explosion. They later re-boarded her and attempted to reach shallow water but failed. She then sank between Tarbert and Ardrishaig.