Built as a paddle steamer for The Caledonian Railway Company. Registered to Thomas Hill of Merrylee on 22nd February 1870 and operated out of Alloa as a passenger ferry on the Forth Estuary.
In 1887 she was acquired by David MacBranye of Glasgow and converted to a screw-driven cargo vessel for coal carrying on the West Coast.
In 1915 she is recorded in the NML as bring registered to Robert Ross of Newburgh in Fife, before in 1920 having moved south into the ownership of Wm Greenwood of Stockton on Tees. In 1930 she is registered to Joseph Skipp, also of Stockton on Tees. Her registration is closed in 1934.
The photograph below shows her discharging coal at the head of Loch Ailort in 1891 prior to loading a cargo of wool.