Built for Alexander Ross, the Ross of Ross & Marshall prior to his association with Mr Marshall. Around 1916 she was purchased by William Campbell of Greenock who sold her on to John a Blair of Newcastle in 1920. A year later she was purchased by Ferdinand Smith of Goole.
Sold on in 1921 to the Purdy Coal Company of North Shields although she remained registered at Goole. She was still owned by the Purdy Coal Company in 1957 when the photograph below was taken. Somewhat surprisingly, it shows her still with an open wheelhouse when most surviving puffers and ex-VICs had already been fitted with enclosed ones. Does anyone recognise the location? Possibly in NE England?
She was ultimately scrapped in 1961 at the grand old age of 83.