puffers & vics

 

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 

 

Rushlight   

 

Builder Ross & Marshall
Official Nr 114065
Yard Nr  
Launched 1902
Delivered  
Length 84.1 ft
Beam 18.8 ft
Gross 118 tons
Nett 56 tons
Engine 2 Cyl Steam Compound

Built by Ross & Marshall at their yard in Greenock for their own fleet. In 1910 she came into the ownership of Wm J Garscadden of Glasgow. Between 1911 snd 1913 she was owned by William H Reed of Collumpton, Devon, and from then until 1953 by the Wansborough Paper Coy of St Decumans Mills. Watchet, Somerset to whose mills she ferried bulk coal from Barry Glamorgan. For most if not all of this latter period she was managed by Edgar S Reed at the same address.

It is in this post-Clyde life that she was photographed in the top picture at Datchet in Somerset. The lower picture, courtesy of Roy P. Masson, shows her master Capt Jack Allen on deck around 1952

 

Photograph courtesy of the Roy Cressey Collection