Built for Jas Carruthers and John Mcarthur of Glasgow. In 1886 she was sold to Peter D Hendry of Glasgow.
On 9th September 1893 she foundered two miles off Garroch Head in the Firth of Clyde while on passage from Bowling to Banavie on the Caledonian Canal with a cargo of coal. The fate of her master, Capt A Munn, and his three crew is not recorded. She was owned at the time by R.R.Biggar of Glasgow.