Built for James Ross of Greenock and by 1896 owned by James Lush of Greenock.
There are two "wreck" reports for the"Ossian" in the Canmore database at RCHAMS.
The first records that, laden with a cargo of iron pipes, she stranded on the rocks at the entrance to Ballantrae Harbour and broke up on 22 December 1887. She was salvaged.
The second is dated 8th April 1897 and it records her foundering in Loch Linnhe about 4 miles below Ardsheil.