Originally built for a Malcolm Campbell she is first registered to A Ross of Greenock (later Ross & Marshall )
At the time of the 1881 census on 3rd April, "Ormsa" was recorded moored at Bridge Point Quay,Glassary in Argyll, Her crew consisted of Malcolm Campbell, her Master, aged 30 of Lochgilphead, William SImpson, 26, her Engineer from Ireland, John McCallum, 22, the mate, of Lochgilphead, and John McEwan, 17, an AB, also from Lochgilphead.
In 1896 she was owned by John S Munro of Glasgow and in 1905 by Wm Kent, also of Glasgow.
Stranded on Muncreig [Muncraig] Head, Kirkcudbright.on 27th Match 1907 while carrying a cargo of basic slag. No information on the fate of her skipper, Capt. McKean, or any of his crew is given in the wreck report.