Built for Dickson & Co. but known to have been in the ownership of J Hay & Sons by 1925, and as late as 1938. "Kype" was one of the last two vessels built at Kelvin Dock by David Swan's sons, the other being the "Logan". Her fate is unknown.
Like her sister "Logan ", she is seen below at Customs House Quay in Glasgow, more than likely having completed discharging a load of sand for the City's tramways department. Date unknown.