Built for William Robertson
of Glasgow at a cost of £906.
Used primarily in the coal trade, but
also carried stone from Arran for the construction of Troon
harbour. She was sold in 1872 to Wm Glen of
Dumbarton when Robertson concentrated on larger vessels. In 1878 she moved to
Liverpool under the ownership of Richard Briscoe before, in 1885, passing
to the Ballincollig Royal Gunpowder Mill Co Ltd, also
of Liverpool, managed by Briscoe.
Her registry entry is
closed on 2nd April 1910.
Not to be confused with Robertson's much larger 1880-built
Jasper which tragically sank after hitting rocks off the Isle of Whithorn
on 18th December 1888 with the loss of all
of her crew of 12.