Built in 1904 for an A M Leslie of Glasgow, and in 1908 she moved to
the Forth of Forth under the ownership of Henry &
MacGregor of Leith.
In 1919 she passed on to the Dundee Perth & London
Shipping Co, and re-named "North Inch", she carried cargo on
the River Tay between Perth and, principally, the Port of
Dundee but also to Montrose and as far afield as Berwick Upon
In 1922 she came back to the Clyde as
"Stronshira" under the ownership of a Colin McPhail, for whom she worked for the next 24 years, although from
1933 she was officially in the ownership of the Shira Steamship Co
Ltd of Glasgow.
Acquired in 1946 by
Arran Sea Transport she was renamed yet again, this time
"Arran Rose". She then spent the next four years carrying bulk
cargoes between the Ayrshire mainland and the Isle of Arran
villages. She did though venture further afield on occasion as on
21st February 1948 she ran aground in Carnlough Harbour, Northern Ireland,
and in May of the same year was towed
back to Ardrossan for repairs
Her final move was back to the Forth again when she was
bought by J.A.White of North Queensferry in 1950.
She was eventually broken up at St David's on the Forth in
The photograph below shows her as "Arran