Built as a sailing vessel for John & Charles Robertson of Grangemouth, she was converted to steam in 1871. Whether she was originally designed for wotk on the Forth and Clyde Canal between the Forth ports and Port Dundas is questionable but her dimensions give credence to this intent. She was engined in 1871, in which year she may have passed into the ownership of Robert and John Stephenson of Middlesborough. By 1877 she was back on the Forth owned by Robert Wilson of Stirling and registered at Alloa.
In 1899 she was re-registered at Cork in the ownership of Patrick Hallinan of Co.Cork and was still registered to him when her MNL entry was closed in 1928.