Built by Hay for their own fleet,
Adelaide was sold to Wm Walker of Maryport in 1895 and
then in 1898 to the Manchester, Liverpool &
North Wales Steamship Co, of Liverpool. In 1899 she was bought by Henry Ensor of Queenstown, mainly working out of Cork
until around 1927. She was broken up at Milford haven in
Adelaide was involved in salvaging the cargo of metal pipes
from the sunken "Alfred" in the Forth
of Forth in October 1878.